Why buy pulses?
Pulses are incredibly affordable and are found in plenty of products at stores near you.
Next time you're at the store keep an eye out for ingredients containing pulses!
Affordability and food security
- The world’s growing population will require a 70% increase in agricultural production by 2050.
- Over half of all global pulse production occurs in developing countries.
- Pulses are a staple food around the world, playing a key role in many traditional cuisines.
- Pulses enhance crop diversity, decreasing the risks farmers face from environmental and market fluctuations.
- The cost per serving of lentils is $0.10 vs $1.49 for beef, $0.73 for pork, $0.63 for chicken.
Where to Buy
Here's a few places to find and buy pulses and pulse ingredients.
- Bear Creek Soups
Homemade recipes and high quality ingredients make Bear Creek Soups a quick and easy lunch or dinner option.
- Campbell's Soups
A variety of pulse based soups such as classic split pea soup and Healthy Request® Tuscan-Style Lentil Soup.
- Health Valley soups
Natural and organic soups with 40-90% less sodium than conventional brands.
- Muir Glen Organic soups
All Muir Glen products are certified organic and bear the USDA Organic seal.
- Nile Spice soups
Quick and delicious all-natural soup cups. A great meal in minutes.
- Tandoor Chef
Truly authentic, restaurant-quality, all-natural Indian Foods rooted in the convenience of the frozen food category.
- Taste Adventure soups
Delicious homemade taste in as little as five minutes. Natural ingredients, no trans fat.
- Bob’s Red Mill Foods
A leader in gluten-free and certified organic products. Try Garbanzo Bean Flour and Pea Flour as substitutes for wheat.
Raw Pulses and Ingredients
- Arrowhead Mills Baking Products, Dry Peas, Lentils and Chickpeas
Arrowhead Mills has been one of America’s most trusted organic baking brands for 50 years.
- *Best Cooking Pulses
In October 2011, The Globe and Mail Report on Small Business identified Best Cooking Pulses as one of "Ten food companies that are changing the way we eat".
- Bob’s Red Mill Foods
Bob’s produces a full line of certified gluten-free products, including several kinds of lentils, chickpeas and split peas.
- *Fiberich Technologies Inc.
Fiberich has been working with peas since 1982 and has been given credit for putting pea fiber as well as pea flour into commerce.
- Goya Dry Peas, Lentils and Chickpeas
100% certified organic with no synthetic pesticides. An excellent source of fiber and protein.
- *Harvest Innovations
Located in the agricultural heartland of the USA, Harvest Innovations is committed to providing the highest quality, nutritionally dense, grain and legume ingredients to our customers.
- Jack Rabbit
For over 75 years, Jack Rabbit has been bringing friends and families together to share good times and good home cooking. Our high quality bean varieties have earned loyal customers and made it a trusted brand that families have cooked with for generations.
- Manitou Trading Company
As a part of Woodland Foods, Manitou Trading Company carries a wide variety of all-natural wholesome and convenient products.
- *N.K. Hurst Company
Since 1938, the Hurst family has provided the highest quality food products including peas, lentils, and garbanzos. You can find all the Hurst’s packaged items in your grocer’s dry bean section.
- Westbrae Natural Lentils
Versatile enough for salads or entrees. Cholesterol and fat free. A great source of iron.
- *Woodland Foods
For more than 25 years, Woodland Foods has built relationships with farmers and growers around the world to supply their customers with the finest natural ingredients.
- Barilla PLUS Pasta
Made with golden semolina and wholesome flaxseed, spelt, oats, barley, lentils and chickpeas, Barilla PLUS® nourishes your body with multi-grain goodness–and nourishes your soul with rich, delicious flavor
- FiberWise Pasta
One serving of FiberWise Pasta contains 12 grams of natural dietary fiber – six times more fiber than ordinary pasta. All FiberWise Pasta products are low fat and cholesterol-free.
- *In Harvest Whole Grains, Rice and Legumes
Try our Calypso Beans, Black Beluga Lentils, or Giant Peruvian Lima Beans. (13 varieties to choose from)
- *Tolerant Foods
Tolerant Foods are single ingredient products mades from legumes. Our products are Organic, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan and Kosher. In addition, per serving, you get over 20g of Protein, almost half of your daily fibre requirement and complex carbs. Not to mention a full serving of veggies.
- Boulder Canyon Hummus Chips
All natural, gluten-free hummus chips made from chickpeas. Zero trans fat AND zero cholesterol? Go ahead- eat the whole bag.
- *Cedar's Mediterranean Foods
The Original blend of Hommus is an authentic recipe that has been handed down our Lebanese side of the family for decades.
- Emerald Valley Kitchen Hummus
Five different flavors of high protein, low calorie hummus! That’s a lot of dipping options for your crackers, chips, and veggies.
- Flamous Brands
Falafel chips seasoned with twelve organic herbs and spices. 100% natural, vegan, kosher and gluten-free.
- Genki Bars
Natural sport performance bars made primarily from lentils. Perfect for endurance events and long training sessions.
- *Go’Bonzo’s, Chickpea Crunchy Goodness on the Go!
Roasted and seasoned chickpeas in single serve or bulk packages. Available in 6 savory or sweet flavors. All natural; certified gluten-free; non-GMO; nutritious and delicious grab-n-go snack; perfect salad, soup or potato topper; excellent trail mix ingredient.
- The Good Bean
All natural, gluten-free roasted chickpea snack available in four different tasty flavors.
- *Kronos Foods Corp
A staple in the Mediterranean diet, Kronos Hummus is the perfect blend of chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste), lemon juice and traditional spices.
- Mediterranean Snacks Lentil Chips and Crackers
Baked chips and crackers made from lentils and other non-GMO, gluten-free ingredients.
- Newman’s Own pretzels – High Protein
Baked not fried. A low-fat healthy snack with extra protein thanks to the addition of pea flour.
Leave it to Enjoy Life to capture the essence of the all-natural goodness of the Lentil. This chip’s unique recipe results in a protein-packed, crunchy experience, bursting with flavor as you savor a great-tasting “better-for-you” chip.
- *Saffron Road Food
Saffron Road's Crunchy Chickpeas deliver an international snacking staple to American coffee tables, dashboards, and backpacks nationwide.
The world’s first snow pea-shaped crisp. Chock full of vitamins, iron and calcium.
- Sneaky Chef No-Nut Butter
All the taste of peanut butter, without the nuts! We use naturally sweet and nutty tasting golden peas. All natural. Produced in a dedicated nut-free facility.
- Earth’s Best Rice and Lentil Dinner – No growth hormones, steroids or pesticides for your baby. No added salt or sugar, either. Just wholesome ingredients like lentils, apples, carrots and rice.
- Earth’s Best Summer Vegetable Dinner – A medley of organic corn, organic zucchini, organic green beans and organic chickpeas. No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
- Earth’s Best Pasta Dinner – Vegan and Kosher certified pasta that’s filling without being too heavy.
- HappyBaby Pouch – Super Salmon – Perfect for the grab-and-go meal. Pediatrician-formulated for babies’ health.
- Plum Organics Red Lentil Veggie Training Meal™- A savory stage 3 training meal in a portable BPA-free pouch. Gently cooked with certified-organic red lentils as well as sweet potatoes, carrots, corn, and zucchini. Rich and healthy textures your little one will love.
- Plum Organics Fiddlesticks are USDA-certified organic fruit or fruit/veggie combos with whole grains baked into bite-size snack sticks. They are gluten-free and made with garbanzo flour. The sticks dissolve quickly into soft bites, making them easy to chew for any toddler. All packaging is BPA-free. Fiddlesticks are the perfect snack for extra energy for your on-the-go toddler.
- Sprout Organic Baby Food Pasta With Lentil Bolognese – Introduce baby to Italian cuisine with this classic dish featuring organic green lentils, tomatoes and carrots.
- Sprout Organic Baby Food Curried Red Lentils & Glazed Carrots With Jasmine Rice – From Chef and co-founder, Tyler Florence: “Babies can’t get enough of the mild curry flavor…” Also features hints of mango and coconut.
- Yummy Spoonfuls Organic Lentil And Carrot Porridge – Fresh food that pleases even the most finicky toddler. Portion sizes are larger and chunkier to prepare your child for regular meals.
* USADPLC or APA members