Visit Pulses.org for great pulse recipes!
Our “ Image 10 Reasons to Love Pulses (199 KB) ” infographic is a great way to start the conversation. With fun images and a conversational tone, this piece summarizes the nutritional power of pulses for your clients.
We also have a library full of pulse-centric recipes that address a variety of specialized diets: vegetarian, gluten-free, low allergen and high protein, to name a few.
If you’re looking for more detailed nutritional information about dry peas, lentils and chickpeas, please visit our Resources page.
- What are pulses?
- What are the benefits to eating pulses?
- Why talk with your clients about pulses?
- Pulse Nutrients
- Basic nutritional analysis of a sampling of some of the more common pulses
- Nutrient comparison charts
- Pulses and DGA
- The dietary guidelines for Americans are reviewed in a compact format.
- The role of pulses in meeting those guidelines is clearly presented.
- Learn how pulses fit into MyPlate.
- Special Pulses Topics
- Low FODMAP Diet, Incomplete Protein and Limiting Amino Acids, Allergies and Cross Reactivity
- Medical Nutritional Therapy & Special Dietary Needs
- Heart Healthy Diet, Diabetes Diet, Weight Loss
- Pulse Recipes
- Cooking with Pulses – basics
- Pulses: The Heart of Every Meal, Pulses 5 Ways
Download these graphics and share with clients or colleagues!