Job Announcement - Director of International Marketing
Title: Director of International Marketing (DIM) Effective Date: July 1, 2017
This position is responsible for all aspects of the international marketing programs of the United States Dry Pea, Lentil and Chickpea Industry.
The DIM is accountable to the CEO for all duties performed particularly in the areas of program management, personnel supervision, and budgeting.
1. International Marketing. Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of the international market development programs in cooperation with the CEO and the International Marketing Committee.
2. International Marketing Plan. Responsible for writing and submitting the annual United Export Strategy (UES) plan to the USDA/FAS in accordance with all published rules and regulations.
3. International Marketing Activities. Responsible for carrying out every aspect of the UES activity plan in accordance with USDA/FAS rules and regulations, as well as ancillary international marketing activities.
· Oversight of International Marketing Reps in executing marketing activities
· Trade show participation planning and execution
· Trade mission planning and execution
· Disseminating relevant information to achieve the goals of the Int’l Strategic Plan
· Trade servicing in all regions, planning and execution
· Technical/Educational seminars planning and execution
· Managing brand/image message in international markets
4. International Financial Accounting. Responsible for supervising all financial transactions and documentation of the UES plan for accuracy and compliance to USDA/FAS rules and regulations.
5. Market Access and Transportation Logistics Issues. Responsible for monitoring the weekly SPS/TBT STAR announcements from USDA/FAS to determine potential impact on the pulse industry. Responsible for monitoring transportation developments that impact the pulse industry. Responsible for developing the industry response to all market access issues in cooperation with the CEO, the USADPLC board, and the International Marketing Committee. Maintain regular contact with USDA APHIS, FAS and other entities as appropriate to ensure that market access issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
6. Representing USADPLC in other organizations: USDA Trade Committees, USAEDC, Transportation Coalitions, and as assigned by CEO.
7. Domestic Marketing. Responsible for assisting in the implementation of the domestic marketing strategic plan, in cooperation with the Director of Domestic Marketing and the Domestic Marketing Committee.
8. Staff Oversight & Evaluation. Responsible for supervision and annual evaluation of the USADPLC International Staff and the Assistant Marketing Manager- International.
9. International Industry Budget. Responsible for assisting the CEO in preparing the annual industry budget for the International Marketing Committee and tracking expenditures in each approved budget category.
10. International Marketing Representatives Contracts. Responsible for ensuring that contracts with International Marketing Representatives are in place and in compliance with applicable USDA FAS regulations.
11. Travel. Travel as necessary to administer the international marketing programs in accordance with USDA/FAS regulations and industry travel guidelines.
12. Office Operations and Other Duties: Assist management staff in areas of general office operation and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
BS/BA or MS/MA or equivalent of 3-5 years of experience in market analysis and development. Desire to travel internationally and domestically. Technical qualifications should include experience in market research and development, social media promotions, grant writing and project management. Administrative qualifications should show proficiency in managing staff and volunteer industry resources. The individual should demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and written, and experience in developing and administrating budgets.
About USA Dry Pea and Lentil Council and American Pulse Association:
The USA Dry Pea and Lentil Council (USADPLC) and the American Pulse Association (APA) are nonprofit organizations that have served the producers, processors, exporters and food manufacturers of dry peas, lentils, chickpeas and dry beans since 1965. Our mission is to grow the pulse crop industry in the United States.
The organizations have the following four goals:
- Increase Demand (Sales and Consumption) for Pulse Crops in Domestic and International Markets. The USADPLC delivers market development programming domestically and from six strategically located offices around the world.
- Increase the body of research on Health, Nutrition, Functionality and Production / Sustainability of Pulse Crops.
- Ensure Policy that will Promote and Protect the U.S. Pulse Industry.
- Increase membership in the pulse crop coalition.
Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for promoting the most nutrient dense, cost-effective and sustainable food crops on the planet.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to USADPLC, 2780 W. Pullman Rd., Moscow, Idaho 83843-4024. Tel. 208-882-3023. Email: email@example.com Website: www.usapulses.org Closing date: December 1, 2017 or until qualified pool identified. EOE