USADPLC Seeks Temporary Office and Audit Manager
USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council
Title: Temporary Office/Audit Manager Effective Date: August 27, 2018, Position ending December 31, 2018
Supervisor: Vice President for Research & Member Services
Overall Responsibilities. Manage office communications, office files and records, and financial records. Provide audit support and admin support for all organizations. Serve as project manager for WPGA/ID Commission/WA Commission. Maintain company store and provide executive support for office.
Accountability. The Office/Audit Manager is accountable to the CEO and the VPRMS for all duties performed primarily in the areas of reception, phone management, and financial and organizational records management.
Office and Records Manager Responsibilities:
1. Phone and Guest Reception. Responsible to provide phone and guest reception for the office. Schedule duties with other staff and student interns to insure professional office reception. Back-up phone and reception duties will be assigned in the following order: Student Interns, Executive Assistant, Assistant Marketing Manager, Director of Member Services and Director of Communications.
2. Records Manager. Serve as overall records manager for the office insuring compliance with Federal regulations and records management regulations for the States of Idaho and Washington.
3. Accounts payable. Coordinate the proper coding and documentation of the invoices and deposits received. Initiate wire transfers on behalf of the member organizations we serve.
4. Financial records. Copy and file checks, invoices, deposits and other financial documents as specified by Management Staff.
5. Financial Audits:
· Documents. Maintain original and electronic organization documents including: contracts, agreements, amendments, minutes, check history, deposits, expense reports in compliance with audit rules and regulations.
· Reports. Prepare each organization for its annual financial audit.
6. WPGA/ID Commission/WA Commission: Serve as Project Manager for meeting management, board member elections, board member training, minutes and records management for all three organizations.
7. Minutes and Correspondence- Assist the management staff in taking meeting minutes and writing correspondence.
8. Scheduling. Maintain the staff and industry calendar of events and activities. Assist with the preparation of schedules and supporting materials for a variety of meetings.
9. Managing Intern Program. Serves as staff point of contact for recruiting, hiring, interviewing, evaluating performance and managing job assignments for the interns and the intern training program.
10. Industry Store. Manage sales and inventory of the products sold in the Industry store.
11. Petty Cash. Responsible for managing the petty cash fund including: Proper documentation for each withdrawal and replenishing the account when needed.
12. Office Mail. Open and distribute incoming office mail. Distribute and file all incoming and outgoing faxes to proper staff member. Handle PL 480 notice, both electronic and mail. Responsible to allocate costs for package services, i.e. FedEx, UPS etc. Prepare and/or supervise proper mailing documentation to ensure the lowest cost.
13. Office Supplies. Coordinate the purchase of all industry office supplies with approval of the Management Staff.
14. Equipment & Building Maintenance. Coordinate the maintenance and repair of all office equipment & minor office repairs. Provide staff technical support on setting up video conference meetings.
15. Travel. Assist management staff with travel arrangements. Travel on behalf of the industry to selected activities approved by the management staff.
16. Administrative. Perform other duties as assigned by management staff.
· Bachelor's degree required or 1-2 years’ experience in office operations.
· The individual should have strong written and oral communication skills.
· Technical qualifications should include experience in greeting the public, financial record keeping, preparing correspondence, meeting preparation, social media/website maintenance and office administration.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media & Web platforms.
· Project management software experience (Teamwork, etc.) preferred.