The American Pulse Association provides a unified coalition to grow the entire pulse crop industry from farm to fork.
Established in 2010 as a non-profit organization, the APA is devoted to increasing the consumption of pulses, i.e. dry peas, lentils, chickpeas, and beans.
Vision: Bring together everyone in the pulse crop value chain to work toward the goal of improving the return on investment for the entire value chain. The APA members include a diverse array of pulse crop processors, warehouses, exporters, food manufacturers, producers and associate members representing the entire US pulse industry.
The APA membership works to fund research focused on the nutrition, functionality, and sustainability of pulse crops to generate interest in new products and expand current markets. The APA proudly joins with the USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council to support the UN International Year of Pulses 2016 and help promote dry peas, lentils, chickpeas, and beans for the US and for the world.
American Pulse Assocation Strategic Plan
Download the 20170630 APA USADPLC StrategicPlan.
- Tim McGreevy, CEO
- Todd Scholz, VP of Member Services & Research
- Jeff Rumney, VP of Marketing
- Kim Monk, Director of Member Services
- Dr. Evy Jaconis, Director of Research
- Becky Garrison, Director of Domestic Marketing
- Drex Rhoades, Director of Communications
- Sandra Rumney, Strategic Operations Manager
- Madison Jacobson, Asst. Marketing Manager, Public Relations
- Kara Russell, Asst. Marketing Manager, Grants
Board of Directors
- Greg Johnson, Chair
- Pat Smith
- Kim Murray
- Dave Kirsten
- Chad Nickels
- Marty Anderson (Trade Member Alt.)
- Beau Anderson (Producer Alt.)
- Cindy Brown
- John McDermott