Pinto Bean Enchiladas
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery (1 cup), diced
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto or kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can enchilada sauce (green or red)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, etc)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 12 corn tortillas
- Low-fat sour cream, salsa, jalapeños, sliced olives
Pinto Bean Enchiladas Directions
Pre-heat oven to 375°.
Grease 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
Over medium heat, sauté onion and celery for 2 minutes.
Add beans, taco seasoning, sliced green onions, and ½ cup of the enchilada sauce. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in 1 cup cheese and half of the cilantro.
Scoop ½ cup of the bean mix into a corn tortilla.
Roll the tortilla around the mix and place into the greased baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Pour the leftover enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Dish and serve with toppings.