- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups split yellow peas (cooked and drained)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can black eyed peas (do not drain)
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Pork Chops with Smashed Yellow Peas & Black Eyed Pea Gravy Directions
- Place the cooked peas in a medium bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Once peas are smashed, stir in ¼ cup butter, cream, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Heat pan with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Once hot, add pork chops seasoned with salt & pepper and cook to an internal temperature of 145°F approximately 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, onion, and black eyed peas to the pan, scraping the pan.
- Once onions soften, add flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and stir until thickened.
- Slowly pour in the milk, stirring the entire time.
- Serve smashed peas and pork chops with gravy on top.